Happy Birthday Darlin'
Conway Twitty (girl's version) [btw who IS dis guy??]
Hello darling, happy birthday
I've decided not to give you a present this year
In fact I think it's about time I took some things away.
I'd like to take away the suspicion
That I know clouds your world at times
By giving you some faith to hold on to, honey
Whenever your hand is not in mine.
Chorus:
Happy birthday darling,
I've no present,
No fancy cake
But I hope I'll make you happy with everything I take.
I'd like to take away some of your lonely moments
By spending more time with you
And I'd like to take away some of those so, so kisses
And replace them with ones that really say, I love you.
And I want to take away the doubt
You sometimes have about my love
By showing it more, much more than I've shown you lately
And then if someone should ask you
What I got you for your birthday
Well you can say,
Why she didn't give me anything
But she sure took a lot of things away.
Repeat chorus 2x
Happy birthday, darling...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home